This post is part of the Break Through Your Creative Blocks series.
Out of all the blog series I’ve written over the past six years, I’ve never had so many requests for an ebook version as for the Creative Blocks series.
And your wish is my command.
I’ve collected the entire series into an ebook: 20 Creative Blocks (and How to Break Through Them).
It’s yours to download and share. For free.
No opt-in, no product launch, no hoops or hooplah. Just 20 articles full of practical advice on achieving your creative ambitions.
If you missed the original series, it began when I invited Lateral Action readers to send in their creative blocks, and started writing blog posts with suggestions for overcoming them.
The project grew arms and legs, and I ended up writing 19 in-depth articles, covering all kinds of creative block, including disorganisation, lack of time, fear of getting it wrong, information overload, taboo, procrastination, kids, creativity v cash, and sex, drugs and rock’n'roll.
Marelisa Fábrega helped me out by writing a terrific piece on dealing with the Inner Critic, which is included in the ebook.
A special thank you to all of you who sent in your creative blocks, as well as everyone who commented on the posts and enriched the series with your experiences and tips.
For more on the ebook, and the full licensing terms, see the Creative Blocks ebook page.
Enjoy – and please tell your friends.
Table of Contents for Break Through Your Creative Blocks
- Tell Us Your Creative Blocks – and We’ll Help You Smash Through Them!
- Do You Worry That You’re ‘Just Not Creative’?
- Is Fear of ‘Getting It Wrong’ Blocking Your Creativity?
- How to Find Time for Creative Work
- Are You Trapped in the ‘Creativity v Cash’ Dilemma?
- Is Disorganisation Stifling Your Creativity?
- Four Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic
- How to Start Creating When You Don’t Know What to Say
- How to Find Inspiration When You’ve Run Out Of Things to Say
- Is Fear of Breaking a Taboo Blocking Your Creativity?
- Do Sex, Drugs, and Rock ‘n’ Roll Make You More Creative?
- What to Do When You Run Out Of Inspiration
- How to Create More by Doing Less
- How to Stop Information Overload
From Crushing Your Creativity
- Does Having Kids Spell the End of Your Creativity?
- 7 Ways to Smash Procrastination
- Are You Torn Between Different Creative Ambitions?
- How Much of Your Personal Life Should You Reveal Online?
- Are You Avoiding Your Next Big Challenge?
- How to Find an Audience for Your Creative Work
- How to Get Back in the Creative Zone after Hitting a Brick Wall
- Why There’s No Such Thing as a Creative Block
- Free Ebook: 20 Creative Blocks (and How to Break Through Them) « You Are Here