We’ve done our best to draw out the practical implications of the book, both in the call and in a Worksheet full of questions to help you reflect and take action towards becoming a Linchpin in your own sphere of work.
Thank you to everyone who sent us questions about the issues raised in the book. We did our best to cover as many of these as possible in the call (and there are some e-mails on the way to those of you whose questions we couldn’t fit in).
Here are some of the topics we addressed during the call (which ran to 48 minutes):
- Can anyone be an artist (not just the guys with paintbrushes)?
- Are any of us truly indispensable?
- Is it easier to be a Linchpin as an employee or entrepreneur?
- How can you tell what your gift is?
- What can you do when the gift you give through your work is rejected?
- What are the rewards of doing emotional labor?
The audio file and worksheet are both released under a Creative Commons licence – which basically means you’re free to download and share them, with no opt-in required, as long as you credit us as the authors and don’t use them commercially. So do pass them on to anyone who you think would find them helpful.
Special thanks to Cynthia for suggesting we do this, it was fun and I hope the materials will be useful.