Photo by alexsey.const
Happy New Year everyone! The Lateral Action team would like to wish you all a creative, productive and fulfilling 2009.
To help you kick start your enthusiasm for the challenges ahead, here’s a free e-book for you: How to Motivate Creative People (Including Yourself).
It began life as a series on my Wishful Thinking blog, and is primarily aimed at leaders, managers and others responsible for getting the best out of creative people.
But I’ve written it to be useful to anyone with a passion for creativity. So if you and/or your team want to do better creative work and enjoy yourself more in the process, download your copy now.
Topics covered include:
- What makes creative people tick
- Why motivation is crucial to creative success
- Why you can’t motivate anybody – but what you can do instead
- What Iggy Pop can teach you about management
- Why offering rewards can harm creative performance
- How to write 47 novels before breakfast
- Why some people seem so weird – and how to deal with them
- The positive side of peer pressure
The e-book is published under a Creative Commons licence, which means you’re welcome to download and share it on a non-commercial basis, provided you keep it in its original format and credit me as the author.
(NB the images are governed by separate licenses if you want to publish any of them separately – please don’t do this without reading the copyright information on page 2.)
If you enjoy the e-book, please feel free to pass it on to friends and colleagues who may find it of interest.
About the Author: Mark McGuinness is a Coach for Artists, Creatives and Entrepreneurs. For a free 25-week guide to success as a creative professional, sign up for Mark’s course The Creative Pathfinder.Tweet